Ahmed El SewedyPRESIDENT & CEO Of ELSEWEDY ELECTRIC S.A.E.
Ahmed El Sewedy
- Ahmed El Sewedy serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of Elsewedy Electric S.A.E. In 1986, he took the lead in his family business, managing the first private cable factory in EGYPT, Arab Cables Co., turning it into one of the largest worldwide-providers of integrated energy solutions with more than thirty production facilities in sixteen country utilizing the qualities of more than 15,000 professional and exporting a wide range of high quality & safe products to more than 110 countries around the world (Africa, Middle East, Europe and the Far East).
- During his years of leadership in this position, Ahmed increased the value of the business almost a hundred times and now Elsewedy Electric S.A.E. is listed in Cairo Stock Exchange having around $2.7 billion group total revenue in 2019.
- Elsewedy Electric S.A.E. saw great growth and expansion under Ahmed's leadership. Through streamlining operations, acquiring new businesses, penetrating new markets and ensuring that each business under Elsewedy Electric umbrella was one of the best in its field, the company was able to expand dramatically from 2003 and afterwards. Ahmed masterminded Elsewedy Electric acquisitions to: Iskraemeco - Slovenia (a leader in energy management), PSP-EGYPT (one of the fastest growing EPC contractors in the region), 3WNetworks-Australia (a provider of integrated communication and I&C solutions with unique expertise in O&G field).
- Today, Elsewedy Electric S.A.E. manufacture cables, transformers (distribution and power), switchgear and light poles, porcelain insulators, etc. and also provides turnkey EPC packages for power generation and electricity transmission & distribution networks in addition to complete energy management & metering solutions, system integration of automation and data applications, as well as all solar (PV/CSP) plants and wind park components.
- Ahmed El Sewedy received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Cairo University in 1986 complemented with almost thirty years of career in the field of electricity and energy industries. He attended several professional courses. He is a member of several professional associations and served in different capacities in many Conferences.
- Ahmed El Sewedy is the Chairman of the ECBC (Egypt China Business Council), and also, Chairman of Egypt Ethiopia Business Council, Egypt Iraq Business Council, and Egypt Lebanon Business Council and Egypt Zambia Business Council, in addition to his active role with as a member of the American, Japan, French, South Africa, Tunisia, Algeria, Kenya, Austria, Kuwait, UAE and Egypt Saudi business councils, and Board Member in German Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Egyptian Businessmen Association, and many other business and non-profit organizations.
Ahmed HabibPresident & CEO of Harvest Holdings and Founding Member of EO Cairo
- Ahmed Habib attended the George Washington University for 3 years obtaining a degree in Finance then continued his education to graduate top of his class from the University of Tennessee with Bachelor’s degrees in General Management and Supply Chain Management (the #1 School in the USA for Supply Chain Management).
- He went on to work in the Supply Chain Industry in the United States for 2 years before returning to the Middle East in 2007 to co-found TKG Holdings. TKG successfully designs, builds and furnishes various projects in the Middle East and Africa and has an exceptional reputation in the FF&E industry in the MENA region.
- Ahmed Habib exited TKG in 2013 to Co-Found Al-Hassaud (Harvest Holdings) along with Zena Sallam to invest and grow the family portfolio of businesses. Ahmed Habib dedicates a large portion of his time on Harvest Holdings as its CEO and is committed to grow the various companies that it invests in utilizing his education and experience to do so. Ahmed Habib is a member of Cairo Angels as well as Malaikah and is committed to supporting the Start-Up and Entrepreneurial scene in Egypt. In 2016 Ahmed Habib Co-Founded a Local Chapter in Cairo for the Entrepreneur’s Organization. EO is the largest non-profit organization in the world supporting the world’s leading entrepreneurs that qualify for it’s prestigious membership.
- Ahmed Habib serves as the CEO of Cottonball @ www.cottonball.co . A wholly owned subsidiary of Harvest Holdings which provides quality Egyptian made apparel to retail and corporate clients. The goal is to create an Egyptian brand recognized globally.
- Ahmed Habib also serves as the President & CEO of KidZania Egypt – A wholly owned subsidiary of Harvest Holdings and a local franchise of the world’s leading Edutainment company with over 28 locations world-wide.
Aladdin SabaFounding Partner BPE
- Aladdin Saba is a founding Partner of BPE partners. BPE partners is a private equity firm established in 2006 under the name Beltone Private Equity. bpe partners provides growth capital for companies across different industry sectors in Egypt.
- Saba was the founder of Beltone Financial, an investment banking institution operating in the fields of Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Brokerage and Research.
- He was also the co-founder of Hermes Financial, which in 1996 became EFG-Hermes. Prior to founding Hermes he was a Senior Portfolio Manager at Kidder Peabody & Co. Inc. in New York.
- He is a founding member of The Egyptian Investment Management Association in addition to The Egyptian Capital Markets Association.
- Currently Saba is Chairman of Ebtikar, a fintech Company focused on the Egyptian Market. He is also a board member of the Egyptian Center for Economic Studies (ECES) and a board member of Egypt-U.S. Business Council- EUSBC. In addition to multiple corporate entities including Ismailia for Real Estate Investment SAE, Ismailia for real Estate Development SAE and Madinet Nasr Housing and Development.
- Previously Saba was a member of the Board of Directors of the Central Bank of Egypt as from 2007 till 2011, he was also a board member of the Egyptian Stock Exchange as from 2006 till 2015. In addition to multiple corporate entities including National Bank of Egypt, Banque du Caire and Orascom Construction Industries.
- Saba holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration from The Wharton School, and a further Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering from Cairo University.
Dina El MoftyFounder Injaz Egypt
Dina El Mofty
- Dina El-Mofty is a community builder, investor and thought leader who works to support entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses. Nominated as one of the world’s most influential young Arabs under 40 by Arabian Business she is the founder of Injaz Egypt an organization which has a strong educational focus on entrepreneurship and work readiness.
- Injaz is part of the Junior Achievement worldwide network and works in partnership with schools and universities across Egypt, and has helped impact more than half a million young people through its programs. The organization also has a strong focus on supporting young entrepreneurs through its Startup incubator and helps them launch and accelerate their businesses helping scale and support over 80 successful startup businesses over the past 9 years.
- Dina has received The Young Achiever of the year award for 2016 by Arabian Business. She is also the recipient of the Top 50 Award for top performing women in Egypt for 2016. She was one of 4 main judges on the popular CBC TV show ‘Hona Al Shabab’, the Egyptian version of Shark Tank.
- Dina holds a Graduate degree from the Fletcher School at Tufts University, and pursued her undergraduate studies at Georgetown she graduated from the American University in Cairo and holds professional degrees from Penn State, Insead and Harvard. She is a mom of 3 and lives with her family in Cairo Egypt.
Hussein RifaiCo-founder & Executive Chairman of Inertia Holding
- Hussein Rifai started his official career as a Consultant Engineer at Cegman and Assistant Professor of Construction Engineering at The American University in Cairo.
- In 2002, he co-founded Aura, a creative design studio delivering state of the art architectural, interior design, and landscape designs. In 2007 he co-founded INERTIA Holding a real estate developer and its construction arm; comprising of INERTIA Properties and INERTIA construction with the aim of growing it into a full fledged real estate conglomerate. INERTIA started off with a first to market innovative business model of revenue sharing, and now with an evolving model its current land bank is 6.5m sqm, 10 developments across Egypt, 3000 clients, and from zero investment to 48b EGP over 12 years. It’s annual sales turnover is circa 4bn EGP. In 2017 Hussein founded Marrafiq, an infrastructure contractor with the vision of building an end to end construction capability.
- In 2018 he founded Linchpin Heft, a customized fine finishing contractor. Hussein is a selected qualified Endeavor entrepreneur and identified outlier who was able to scale up INERTIA to where it is today. He’s also a member of the Egyptian Junior Business Association.
- Hussein is known for being a serial entrepreneur with an enterprising mindset, he takes a lot of pride in supporting and mentoring entrepreneurs and youth talents in achieving their big dreams. Hussein is greatly passionate about people, sustainable development, community work, customer experience, and teams effectiveness. In his free time he likes to read, travel, play squash and spend time with his family and friends.
Neveen El TahriCHAIRPERSON AT DELTA SHIELD FOR INVESTMENT
Neveen El Tahri
- Neveen El Tahri has 40 years of financial and business experience. Graduating from the faculty of Economics & Political Science Cairo University in 1980 followed by diplomas from both Harvard Business School and London Business School.
- Neveen commenced her career in 1980 as a corporate banker with the Chase Manhattan Bank’s Egyptian JV, which became Commercial International Bank. Endeavored into self-employment as of 1992 establishing numerous ventures in the financial sector (brokerage, asset & fund management, fund services, leasing, investment & corporate banking, private equity and venture capital).
- With the 2011 revolution rose Egyptian entrepreneurial talent, hence repositioned “Delta Shield for Investment” to focusing on start-ups & early stage start-ups and creating subsidiaries in the SME investment & management space. Shield now focuses on advising Family Businesses in growth mode and transitioning to the next generation, whilst “Delta Inspire” is specialized in SME management, managing its first Venture Capital in 2014 via “138 Pyramids for Development”.
- El Tahri was the first elected woman to sit on the Board of the Egyptian Stock Exchange from 1997 to 2003 and a long list of firsts as a women board member. Has occupied representation seats over the past 25 years on numerous Public, Private and NGOs companies; mostly at turnaround or infrastructure phase.
- She currently sits on the boards of: Egypt Sovereign Wealth Fund, Orange Egypt, BM Leasing, Hassan Allam Holding, Al Baraka Group for Investments, Raya Holding Company, CICapital, the AUC’s Business School Dean’s Strategic Advisory Board, Harvard Business School MENA Research Center & number of SMEs.
- Twice named by the Financial Times as one of the leading businesswomen in the Arab world, won various awards; locally for contributing to the Egyptian investment environment and Internationally for the economic empowerment of women. In 2014 named by American Chamber of Commence as Egypt’s lead Corporate Woman and nominated by the regions 9 AMChams as the region’s top corporate woman too. Named by Forbes in 2014 as one of the regions 200 leading businesswomen. 2018 one of the top 50 most successful women by Amwal ElGhad.
Onsi SawirisCo-Founder & Managing Partner HOF Capital
- Onsi Sawiris is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner at HOF Capital with AUM of $200m, where he focuses on cloud-based technologies, fintech and enterprise software. He is also heading investments at Gemini Holding, the Sawiris family office.
- Onsi currently sits on the boards of Drop Technologies, ItaliaOnline, Riverbank, OPTii Solutions and Mach Music. He leads portfolio acceleration at HOF and helps founders secure commercial traction by identifying synergies within the firm's global investor network of over 70 investors.
- Prior to HOF, Onsi worked in TMT-focused M&A at Arma Partners, a specialist technology investment bank. Onsi holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is fluent in English, German and Arabic with a working proficiency in French.
Thuraya IsmailMentor Arabia Executive Director, Eisenhower Fellow
- Thuraya Ismail is a Saudi human and social development expert, a renowned art advocate and an Eisenhower fellow. She is a holder of an MSc in International Relations from the London School of Economics (LSE) and a BA in Political Studies from the American University of Beirut (AUB).
- Thuraya has 18 years of professional experience in strategic planning, team building, partnership development, fundraising and advocacy. Under her leadership as the Executive Director of Mentor Arabia, the foundation has doubled its footprint (12 countries) and significantly grew its network of strategic partners (90) and roaster of experts (100).
- Additionally, she has built a solid team, attracted reputable board members and public figures, as well as raised more than $6M through major events reaching around 1.5M beneficiaries.
- Throughout her vast diverse experience in working with regional and international organizations such as the UNDP, Thuraya has mentored many young people and colleagues to achieve their potential while fostering creativity and innovation. Furthermore, Thuraya has moderated various panels hosting regional and international keynote speakers and public figures at several forums and platforms.
- As a passionate supporter of youth empowerment, Thuraya has leveraged art in various activation initiatives such as the regional “Short Film and Music Youth Awareness Competition” and the “Youth Social Entrepreneurs Award” reaching 3M users. Furthermore, as a strong believer in the value of art in addressing various developmental and humanitarian issues, she was appointed as the Ambassador of “El Gouna Film Festival for Humanity”, head of short films Jury for the “Beirut International Women Film Festival” and a Jury member in the UNAOC and IOM’s “Plural+ Youth Video Festival” globally.
- Thuraya was selected as one of the top 25 women leaders across the globe to join the esteemed “Eisenhower Fellowship” and become part of this prestigious leadership network advocating for world peace. She is also a Board Member of “Takreem Award”, honoring Arab accomplishments and bringing Arab achievers to the forefront of the global stage; as well as a Board Member of “Egypt Entrepreneurs Award”. Finally, Thuraya is the first Arab to win the “Leading Practitioner Honor” award from the “European Union Society for Research”, which makes her a great mentor for practitioners and an inspiration for experts around the globe.
Wael FakharanyCEO OMNIX INTERNATIONAL
- Wael Fakharany is Omnix International’s CEO, a leading digital solutions provider with a focused expertise in digital strategy and consultancy towards business success. As the CEO of Omnix, Wael is responsible for running all facets of the business. He has a proven executive management record of accomplishment and over three-decade of experience driving sales growth in the technology industry.
- Wael held several executive positions at IBM, 3Com, and Oracle. He spent 9.5 years at Google Middle East in various roles, ranging from Google Regional Manager in Egypt and North Africa to Google Regional Managing Director of Google [x] in the Middle East and North Africa. Later on, Wael joined Careem as Managing Director and Global Sr.VP for government relations, where he successfully advanced Egypt ride hailing infrastructure in a very concise time.
- Afterwards in 2017, Wael was the Global Vice President for International markets at Incorta, a silicon valley enterprise analytics startup funded by Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins and has successful global clients in the fortune 10 lists which raised 75M$ from top VC firms in Silicon Valley.
- Wael is highly recognized among MENA’s top most influential and inspiring figures. He is highly viewed as one of Middle East's leading figures advancing technology and transforming millions of lives. He is an experienced business and corporate leader with a history of designing, delivering and leading profitable corporate groups, projects and investments, and sustaining high growth in challenging sensitive contexts.